Monday, September 28, 2009

Congresswoman's Husband Dies




Summary: U.S. Rep. Carolyn Maloney's husband dies at the age of 71 while mountain climbing in Tibet. One spokesman said that he was at 27,000 ft. and went back down to 23,000 ft. to a base camp to rest and sleep. He died of natural causes in his sleep. A second spokesman said that he died in a mountaineering accident. According to Artz, Maloney told a traveling companion that he was the happiest person because he just reached the top of a beautiful mountain. Clifton Maloney was the founder and president of C.H.W. Maloney & Co., Inc. which is a private investment firm.

Opinion: I think that Clifton Maloney was a very adventurous person. I know if I was 71 yrs. old I probably wouldn't be out mountain climbing, but that's just me. It must be hard on Mrs. Maloney losing her husband, especially out of the country.