Friday, October 23, 2009

Is your neighborhood safe?


Summary: Somer Thompson went missing Monday after school. She had an argument with her brother and sister and ran off from them. Its said that her siblings lost sight of her when she ran off into a crowd of people. On the morning of Thursday, October 22 she was found 55 miles from her home in Florida in a Georgia landfil. Later that day, Deina Thompson (Somer's mom) warned her daughters killer. "I want you to know that I will not sleep until this person is found. I hope they get you and I hope they make you pay for a long, long time. You don't take from somebody. You didn't just take her from me. You took her from my family, you took her from all these people. And you don't do this to a little baby and put my baby in the trash like she's nothing. That's not OK, this is not OK." $30,000 rewards are going out to anyone who has information concerning this case.



Opinion: First, my prayers go out to the Thompson family and Somer's loved ones. The person who did this to that little girl is sick and disgusting. How can someone do that to someone so young and innocent? I can't imagine how the mother must feel. Know i would feel extreme guilt for letting my child walk home knowing there are 160 registered sex offenders just in my neighborhood. I hope this doesn't have to happen again but as long as there are people in the world like the person who did this to Somer then who knows.



http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/22/georgia.landfill.body/index.html

No comments: